How does homework improve learning?
- It can help pupils to make more rapid progress in learning, extending and consolidating the work covered within lessons.
- It develops self-discipline and the practical skill of working independently.
- It can provide the required conditions needed for creative and thoughtful work.
- It provides time for reflection on the topic covered.
- It helps pupils to learn incrementally and develop their critical thinking skills.
How is homework given?
- Teachers post homework tasks on Show My Homework (SMHW), on the school website.
- A Homework timetable is given to each pupil, by their Form Tutor at the beginning of each academic year.
- A Homework timetable is available on the school website.
- Pupils are given planners which they use to record their homework, daily.
What Can Parents do to Support Independent Learning?
- Parents should ensure that pupils have a quiet working environment conducive to study
- They should take a positive interest in the work done, checking the quality of work produced.
- They should check SMHW to see what homework has been posted by teachers
- They should contact their Child’s Form Tutor if they have any concerns
What must pupils do?
- Check the homework timetable
- Check SMHW
- Complete all tasks to a high standard
- Complete and hand in all work on the due date
- Ask their teacher for clarification, if they are not sure.
|Monday||Music||Chemistry||Computer Sci||French/Spanish||Business/Comp Sci|
|Food Technology||Computer Sci|
|Religious Education||Physics||Art||English Language||English Language|
|Thursday||Spanish||Eng Language||English Lit|
|History||Maths||Biology||Religious Studies||Religious Studies|
|Friday||Geography||English||English Lit||English Language|
|30 mins||30mins||30 mins||30 - 40 mins||30 - 40 mins|
|per subject||per subject||per subject||per subject||per subject|