How does homework improve learning?
- It can help pupils to make more rapid progress in learning, extending and consolidating the work covered within lessons.
- It develops self-discipline and the practical skill of working independently.
- It can provide the required conditions needed for creative and thoughtful work.
- It provides time for reflection on the topic covered.
- It helps pupils to learn incrementally and develop their critical thinking skills.
How is homework given?
- Teachers post homework tasks on Google Classroom.
- A Homework timetable is given to each pupil, by their Form Tutor at the beginning of each academic year.
- A Homework timetable is available on the school website.
- Pupils are given planners which they use to record their homework, daily.
What Can Parents do to Support Independent Learning?
- Parents should ensure that pupils have a quiet working environment conducive to study
- They should take a positive interest in the work done, checking the quality of work produced.
- They should check and sign their child’s homework planner
- They should contact their Child’s Form Tutor if they have any concerns
What must pupils do?
- Check the homework timetable
- Check Google Classroom
- Complete all tasks to a high standard
- Complete and hand in all work on the due date
- Ask their teacher for clarification, if they are not sure.
|Tuesday||Music||Computer Science||English Language|
|Geography||Geography||Biology||Geography/Art and Design||Art and Design|
|Wednesday||Art||Maths||Art and Design||Physics|
|Chemistry||Food Technology||Food Technology||English Language||English Literature|
|Thursday||Food Technology||Computer Sci||Physics/Chem||Physics||Religious Studies|
|Maths||Physics||English||Business/ Computer Sci||Maths|
|Religious Education||Art and Design|
|Friday||English||Art and Design||History||Chemistry||English Language|
|Spanish||Religious Education||English||English Language||Revision of Year 10 Work|
|30 mins||30mins||30 mins||30 - 40 mins||30 - 40 mins|
|per subject||per subject||per subject||per subject||per subject|