Volunteer Required – Social Media Manager at Stanborough Secondary School – Watford UK
12 – 24 months
April 2023 (sooner if possible)
Volunteer | Full-time | On site (accommodation provided)
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance and administration of the organization’s website and social media accounts.
- Performs a range of IT and marketing development tasks to ensure the website and social media channels represent Stanborough Secondary School well and that users can navigate them easily.
- Responds to security issues, troubleshoots and resolves a variety of website and social media performance issues.
- Ensures the website and social media accounts have accurate and current domain and hosting information to prevent potential downtimes.
- Align the website and social media accounts with the organization’s brand, strategy and standards
- Audit content and remove duplicate information
- Assist with social media campaigns and other marketing efforts
- Complete tests to ensure website and social media efficiency and quality
- Create strategies to improve website and social media traffic
- Develop website and social media content to support organizational goals and strategies
- Ensure the website and social media complies with the appropriate laws and regulations
- Evaluate competitors’ websites and social media
- Follow industry best practices
- Identify ways to improve user experience
- Implement security measures to protect websites and social media accounts
- Keep the website’s domain and hosting registration current
- Manage pay-per-click and search engine optimization campaigns
- Monitor for website security breaches and respond to them as needed
- Produce sitemaps that represent and visualize the website’s structure and functions
- Update website coding frequently
- A good command of spoken and written English
- Student of an IT degree; college/university graduate preferred
- Basic web programming skills
- Social media skills
- WordPress knowledge preferred
- Passion for leading people to Jesus
- Design skills and creativity
- Strong work ethic, proactive
- Flexible, previous cross-cultural experiences a plus
- Good communication skills in English, additional languages a plus
- 2-year commitment preferred (with 1-year performance review)
- Acceptable Dress: Modest, clean, professional and generally appropriate for task at hand.
- Unacceptable Dress: Revealing, transparent, tight, spaghetti strap or offensive messages on apparel.
- The UK is a four-season country with cold, wet winters (Nov-Mar) and hot, dry summers (May-Sept), so bring clothing for all seasons.
- Maybe a dormitory room or an apartment shared with other volunteers.
- Bedding and linen provided.
- Kitchen utensils and crockery provided.
- All meals can be eaten with the boarders at the school cafeteria during term time. Please note: Cafeteria meals are only provided during school time when boarders are present.
- Utilities: Internet access included.
We have a very multicultural staff and student body boasting 20 nationalities.
- Visa (Shared): Stanborough Secondary School will cover the cost of the application to UK Immigration but volunteers will pay for any documentation e.g., Medical and Police checks.
- Monthly Living Allowance: £200
- Travel to/from location
- Local travel
- Must be single male or female.
- UK Citizens are welcome to apply
- A Police clearance certificate will be required for non-UK applicants
- Religious Workers Visa required. (If non-UK applicant)
All applications should be sent to email@example.com