The school requires a Volunteer Librarian:
This is an excellent opportunity for a volunteer to join Stanborough Secondary School as a Librarian.
The Key responsibilities of the post will include:
- Have overall responsibility for organising books and periodicals for students.
- To prepare, maintain and monitor materials and equipment for library use, including checking stock, deliveries and stationery.
- To consult with teachers on student reference books.
- To act expeditiously on all staff, student or parental enquiries for study material.
- To ensure all books are checked out/in according to Librarian Guidelines, Legislation or Policies, including spontaneous checks on equipment.
- To arrange the library as required by the Librarians’ Association and school.
- To make suitable arrangements for students with special needs.
- To arrange library decorations, displays and information in a clear and attractive manner.
- To keep records of all books and issue reminders and fines expeditiously.
- To order new resources and catalogue them on the system.
- To oversee the financial administration of the library.
- To assist in the mentoring of students with special needs or monitoring students for entrance examinations.
- To assist with any other such specific duties appropriate to the general purpose of a Librarian, that may be reasonably assigned by the Head Teacher.
The post will be part-time.
Applications considered on a rolling basis until midday, 10th April 2023.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.