Volunteers Required – Boarding School Assistant Dean at Stanborough Secondary School – Watford UK
April 2023 (sooner if possible)
Volunteer | Full-time | On site (accommodation provided)
- Assist in day-to-day operation of a mixed dormitory in the setting of the overall Boarding programme.
- Provide an excellent environment for staff and students.
- Support the Seventh-day Adventist Christian character of Stanborough Secondary, policies of both Board of Trustees and Board of Governors and other related school documents.
- Plan, support, and help run the devotional program provided for boarding students.
- Be available to provide pastoral support for boarding students.
- Loyally support the school and its management at all times.
- Actively implement the Mission Statement of the School, “God is the Master of our School”.
- House parent to designated boarders which includes, overseeing academics standing, regular checks with teachers, attending parent-teacher interviews on behalf of parents/caregivers, maintaining contact with parents/caregivers, supporting them through concerns, and addressing other issues as necessary.
Summary of Pastoral Care Assistant Role:
- Assist with supervision of 11-16-year-old students in a Boarding School environment.
- Help with daily dorm routines which are rostered with the other pastoral care staff.
- Keep a record of activities (dorm log book).
- Mark attendance and keep track of campus leave.
- Attend Staff debrief and planning meetings.
- When on rostered duty, help organise and run weekend activities.
- Transporting students for shopping, doctors appointments, sports, etc.
- Addressing noncompliance with the rules and enforcing disciplinary actions
- Ability to work and minister to young people.
- Able to integrate and understand ethnic diversity and live within a multicultural environment.
- At least two years driving license (manual preferred).
- Drivers license mandatory.
- English (Fluent).
- Computer literate (experience with Microsoft 365/Google Workspace).
- Uniformed when on duty. Keep in mind that you will be a role model and seen as a leader.
- Modest, clean, professional and generally appropriate for task at hand.
- Unacceptable Dress: Revealing, transparent, tight, spaghetti strap or offensive messages on apparel.
- The UK is a four-season country with cold, wet winters (Nov-Mar) and hot, dry summers (May-Sept), so bring clothing for all seasons.
- Maybe a dormitory room or an apartment shared with other volunteers.
- Bedding and linen provided.
- Kitchen utensils and crockery provided.
- All meals can be eaten with the boarders at the school cafeteria during term time. Please note: Cafeteria meals are only provided during school time when boarders are present.
- Utilities: Internet access included.
We have a very multicultural staff and student body boasting 20 nationalities.
- Visa (Shared): Stanborough Secondary School will cover the cost of the application to UK Immigration but volunteers will pay for any documentation e.g., Medical and Police checks.
- Monthly Living Allowance: £200
- Travel to/from location
- Local travel
- Must be single male or female.
- UK Citizens are welcome to apply
- A Police clearance certificate will be required for non-UK applicants
- Religious Workers Visa required. (If non-UK applicant)
All applications should be sent to email@example.com