Use of personal equipment on the Boarding School Wi-Fi network
- Boarders’ personal devices can be connected to the Boarding School Wi-Fi network. It’s primary role is to support your child’s education. The School reserves the right to block sites which it feels are inappropriate or have no educational benefit.
- The School’s Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) must be read and accepted by every pupil and pupil’s parent or guardian.
- At the moment only the IT Support team is registering and setting up your machine to access the Boarding School Wi-Fi network. Unknown devices will be banned until they are registered.
- It is required that pupils keep within the law – particularly copyright. Please note UK law may differ from your native country.
- All traffic is filtered and recorded in order to protect pupils from unpleasant, illegal or inaccurate material on the internet.
- The School network is designed to support those engaged in study and communication with parents; restrictions may be put in place if the School feels genuine study is being restricted due to misuse.
- All devices must have a working Anti Virus installed.
- IT Support has the right to ban, remove and inspect any devices connected to the School network which breach the School AUP.
Devices utilising mobile internet
The Boarding School is covered by Wi-Fi network providing filtered environment for study and communication with parents.
Many pupils have access to mobile Internet provided by parents; unfortunately, we cannot control the content accessed by these devices, nor guarantee its availability. Granting your son or daughter access to the web via mobile devices carries many unnecessary risks and is not allowed on the School premises (see AUP). For your child’s safety the School would advise you to speak to your mobile provider about filtering, managing and monitoring data services if you do allow your son or daughter to use them outside of school.