Vocabulary units 31-33
Homework Assigments for Year EFL-G2
PET Test 1, All 5 Reading Parts
FIE students: bring grades for independent English (make sure all steps in the marking sequence are completed)
Play two games on Present Simple and Present Continuous http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/grammar-practice/present-simple-and-present-continuous to get confident with the tenses.
No need to print any score, but this will get you ready for the Test on Tuesday, December 5.
Differentiated hw for Rebeca: Vocabulary handouts (in the notebook): units 6 and 7
Bring Independent English books for a check by the teacher. Make sure that:
- The work is marked in red (tick or cross)
- Where you have crosses (where you got the answer wrong), you attempted to improve on your answer and write the answer in green
- You then checked your green answer against the book’s answers and either put a smily face next to it (if your green answer is right), or put a cross and write the correct answer in red
If steps 1-3 have been followed for all the work (40 units and 4 tests), you get a merit. If steops 1-3 have not been followed-you get a demerit and a detention, during which you will do steps 1-3.
Complete, mark and green pen on next 10 units and a test from GIP/VIP
Complete Vocabulary units 1-3
In pairs, prepare a role-play interview with a famous person of your choice. Be ready to present it in class.
A1: 1 min
A2: 2-3 min
B1: 3-4 min
An example of a conversation:
- Ivan: Thank you for agreeing to talk to me, your Majesty.
- Her Majesty: My pleasure.
- Ivan: Let’s start with something very simple. What’s your favourite food, your Majesty?
- Her Majesty: Chicken. Chicken and green salad.
- Ivan: Who would you like to see next on the throne, your Majesty?
- Her Majesty: Hm, this is a difficult question. I think it would be Prince Harry. He is my favourite grandson.
- Ivan: Do you every get bored of being Queen, your Majesty?
- Her Majesty: Well, that’s an interesting question. I guess, sometimes I do get bored, but I never let on.
Go to the PET list of words
Learn the meaning, pronunciation and the spelling of words starting with “A”
Choose a quote/motto that you really like and display it on your notebook, along with a photo of yourself. Write a short essay, “Why this quote is my motto this year”
A2: 100 words
B1: 150 words
B2: 200 words
C1: 300 words
You will be assessed with the following criteria:
-Presentation of the photo and the quote (1-5)
-All writing criteria relevant to your target level
If you need some help on what to include:
-Say why this quote means so much to you
-Compare it with other quotes
-Give an illustration that proves that this quote is significant