Log onto SAM Learning and complete Theory on pattern- texture- tone- colour
Homework Assigments for Year 9x
Log onto SAM Learning and complete ‘Faith Christmas revise, Christmas A, Christmas B, Christmas C.
Log onto SAM Learning and complete ‘Where do we look for God – prayer and meditation.
Complete May 2012 Higher Reading past paper (use a dictionary if essential at: www.wordreference.com
Read Great Expectations in brief until the end and then do the SAM learning task on plot. Print the task and bring it with you to class on Friday.
Work your way through pages 1-4 of http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/english_literature/prosegreatexpect/0prose_greatexpect_contrev1.shtml and do the test in the end. Print the test score and glue it into your hw book.
Continue the GE story until chapter 15, making sure to read chapter 8 in the original and in full.
Exam revision homework:
- Effectively use and comment on the effect of language choice/techniques/devices
- Effectively use and comment on the effect of sentence forms (simple, compound and complex)
- Effectively use and comment on the structure of texts/stories/persuasive texts/magazine, newspaper articles with desired effect on the intended audience
- Effectively use a range of techniques and comment on them in regards to authors’ engagement of his target audience
- Use PEE structure effectively along with quotes to substantiate your opinions
Prepare answers to French Speaking and Writing EOY exam and reviseunit 1-6 vocabulary in Expo 3 rouge textbook
- EFL A1-A2 students: read the first chapter in English. Find a bilingual copy and read the other 19 chapters, making sure you can briefly paraphrase the story line in English.
- Everyone: Read the first 20 Chapters of Great Expectations.
- A and A* students and those of you who want to get ahead: read the first 29 chapters.
- Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/guides/zpr49j6/revision and work through 3 pages, watching all the videos and filling in the table below.
- Then, go to the TEST tab on the same page and do the test. Print the result and stick it into your classwork book.
|I already know these and am comfortable in identifying, analysing and using these for effect||These are new for me. I will give a
· A note on its effect
for each device here