For the first class after half term break, please do the tasks on the revision paper.
Homework Assigments for Year 8
Write the dialogue from ex. £ page 84 do ex. 7 page 85.
Tomorrow’s vocabulary test is going to be from today’s text on page 84.
Produce a photomontage of your bedroom in the style of Richard Hamilton ( see your developed classwork on the ‘P’ drive showing the colours and tones used by the artist).
Choose 5 popular objects that are personal to you that you would like to have in your bedroom.
What to include:
Famous figures, ornaments, games, furniture, clothing, posters, etc.
- Preferably use your bedroom preferably.
- 5 popular objects should be added to your original composition.
- Collage could be made either on the computer using MicroSoft Word, Paint.net, Gimp, paint, Photoshop or any other programme. Copy and paste your images into your composition.
- You might prefer to make your collage by printing an A4 picture of your bedroom (or dream bedroom), then sticking your 5 popular objects into your composition.
- Object must appear visually realistic and artistically effective.
The Plagues worksheet
Answer each question on the worksheet See you email for where I have sent you a spare copy. Use your notes and the book of Exodus in the Bible to answer each question.
Produce a patterned version of your name on A4 sheet . Write your name on the sheet and follow the criteria below. Note this work will be used for display so must be in full colour and finished to a high quality.
An exemplar has been emails to you this evening.
Criteria for an A*
- The letters should be chunky
- Use of continuous wandering line (see exemplar).
- Show shape
- Show pattern
- Show texture
- Use different colours
Translate into English the text from ex. 5 page 79.
Research on Baroque music and make 5-6 powerpoint slides.
Information on slides should be included: Musical features of Baroque Music, Instruments from Baroque period (such as a Lute etc.), and Composers from Baroque era etc.
The powerpoint work needs to be sent to Miss Ahn via email, email@example.com, by 23rd of April 6pm.
And, prepare for your presentation on the 24th of April during the lesson.
Please make sure that you have a good presentation skill to present your work.
For example, not reading from the board, with confidence, use of good voice and body language and etc.
Date Set: 27 / 03 / 2017
Date Due: 27 / 03 / 2017
Watch The Ten Commandments which is the story of Moses on YouTube. I have sourced a different movie one that is more accurate, or is it? Copy and paste this URL into your search engine:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s320VeVUQA
Criteria for this homework:
- Continue your notes from Exodus 3.
- Use The New International Version of the bible online if you don’t have a copy at home:- https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus+3&version=NIV
- Compare the movie to the story that is told in the Holy Bible and record the main differences.
- Quote the Chapter and verse and include your explanation detail of the verses that are miss told in the movie.
- Try not to list minor differences.
- Revise your notes as there will be a test next lesson.
Writing and reading test Module 4.