Log onto SAM Learning and complete ‘Where do we look for God – prayer and meditation.
Homework Assigments for Year 8
Log onto SAM Learning and complete ‘What does justice mean to Christians?’
Log onto SAM Learning and complete Materials and processes – painting.
Revise for test next week
1) List 3 characteristics that are used to describe Joseph (3 marks)
• Love for his brothers despite their jealousy
- Faith in God when he was in prison
- kindness forgave being sold into slavery
2) In the story of Joseph it states that Joseph had dreams and he was given a coat of many colours from his father Jacob. What impact did all of this have on Joseph’s brothers and what did they do to him? (4 marks) • The brother became very jealous of Joseph
- They took away his coat
- They threw him into a pit
- Reuben persuaded his brothers to sell Joseph into slavery otherwise they would have killed him.
3) Explain how Joseph came to live and work in Egypt and what jobs he held while living there.
- Sold into slavery by his brothers instead.
- Slave trader sold him to Potiphar.
- Farm worker until his talents was noticed.
- Managed Potiphar’s estate until accused of rape.
- Managed the prison until he explained dreams.
- Explained Pharaoh’s dream and promoted to Overseer of Egypt second only to Pharaoh.
(31 List and explain 3 similarities that both Jesus and Joseph have in common. (6 marks) 1.
Both were greater than their brother
People conspired to kill them both
- Both were betrayed for silver coins
- Both were falsely accused
- Both were prisoners
- Both were exulted after suffering
Exam – Year 8
Animal Portrait – Watercolour
Start with a ‘right brained’ drawing 5 minutes.
Then begin on the other side of your paper. Study the style of Daniel Mackie and produce your lively colourful water colour pencil drawing.
Draw a very light outline of the fox within the frame. Make the fox large enough to fill the page. Try to look for negative and positive shapes to help you measure where things should line up.
Ask these awareness questions allowing time to look and really see the subtle changes in the tones.
- Show the tone on the dark side of the fox within the frame
- Show the surface texture in his fur with directional linear strokes.
- Show the reflected light that lightens some parts of his fur.
- Show areas that have your own patterns?
Your watercolour drawing should show that you:
- Used a wide pallet of colours that match the fox almost exactly.
- Created an interesting composition using the full layout of the page.
- Create eye movement through sensitive use of light and dark tone.
- Show pattern in the style of Danile Mackie.
Image by Daniel Mackie
Fox image sourced from Google Images.
Note this image has been rendered in paint.net to provide a definite background mid-ground and foreground to guide your drawing.
|Unit 1 The Joseph Story
Unit 2 The Moses Story
Prepare answers to French writing and speaking End of Year exam.
NB. You received the question sheet in class.
You should also be revising the vocabulary of unit 1 -6 in your textbook.
Prepare answers for speaking and writing assessment.
Marc et Sylvie book: complete p.2-13
Expo 2 textbook: p.94 & 95 (revise vocabulary for end of unit test)
- EXPO 2 rouge complete:
- Ex 3/89;
- EX 1/122,
- Ex 2/122
- ex 1/123