|Think about the work by the artist Jonathan Allardyce that you studied in class today. Try to use the same devices and make and exact copy using pencil. (no colours unless you have water colour pencils)
Remember to include all of the criteria above to maximise your marks. Enjoy!
Homework Assigments for Year 8
Complete drawing of Salvador Dali.
- sensitive mark making
- variations in tone
- accurate outline
- accurate contrast (light and dark areas)
For the first part of your homework, write a sentence to describe how the following negative situations could be turned into positive experiences:
- A friend lies to you
- Your best friend goes out to play with someone you don’t like
- You get a really bad mark at school
- Your best mate buys the latest mobile phone that you’ve wanted for ages. You can’t afford it but he or she can.
- You lose in a game
- A friend gossips (talks) about you behind your back
A lot of things in life have to do with our perspective (how we look at the situation from a personal viewpoint). If we choose to think positively about the things that happen to us, our lives will be very different compared to if we think negatively about those same things.
For the second part of your homework complete the Life Graph that you stuck into your books today.
- Plot all of your memories.
- Includ the major events in your life good and bad.
- Draw the plots as symbolic shapes to indicate (describe) these experiences in a more visually clear way.
Now indicate whether you felt God was in control at the time or not.
- Bullet point each of the negative events using the symbol as the bullet point,
- write down anything positive that resulted from this event.
- Looking back on this event, are you able to see it differently than you did when it was happening?
- If you are able to see it differently explain why or if you are not able to see it differently explain why.
Date Set: 06 / 02 / 2017
Date Due: 19 / 02 / 2017
Year 8 Homework
Research about ‘Time Signature – Simple time and Compound time’ and make a PowerPoint presentation – slides between 4-6.
Email your work to email@example.com by Sunday 6pm 19th of February
Prepare your presentation on Monday 20th of February in lesson – your presentation skill will be required: by heart, confidence, good eye contact, good power point, use the space, body gesturer, Voice tone, be enthusiastic etc.
Next Week: Wednesday 1st February 2017
Watch the video clip from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK3jNSfm3rM
Study/recap rules of Basketball (FIBA), you may use the link below to FIBA rules or use your research for the rules: http://mkosz-szabalykonyv.flexinform.hu/document/Official_Basketball_Rules_2014_Y_.pdf
You’ll be graded from the warm-up (suicides and stretching), Leadership, knowledge on the basketball (you’ll be asked questions), communication and respect of others.
EXPO 2 Rouge textbook: Revise vocabulary for end of unit agpa test (p.58-59)
Complete Extension tasks from Tuesday’s lesson
complete ex 1/50, ex 2/50, ex 3/53, ex 1/54 (Choose the correct menaing for each French word) ex 5/55 (Write the person’s name and decide if they are for or against school uniform)
Homework: (Total Marks: 20)
- Sketch the Basketball Court
- Write all the measurements
- Label all the lines
- Colour the Court (5 Bonus Points)
Vocabulary test: Expo 2 Rouge, p.58 column 2
Shakeel and Sarah catch up on missed Class work 16.1.17
EXPO 2 ROUGE:p.40-41 revise vocabulary for end of unit test
All YEAR 7s & 8s, YEAR 9 GIRLS and YEAR 9 BOYS:
Revise for Badminton theory test. the revision notes will be emailed to you
YEAR 9 & 10 BOYS:
Revise for Football theory test. The revision notes will be emailed to you.