Log onto SAM Learning and complete ‘Where do we look for God – prayer and meditation.
Homework Assigments for Year 8
Log onto SAM Learning and complete ‘What does justice mean to Christians?’
Log onto SAM Learning and complete Materials and processes – painting.
Revise for test next week
1) List 3 characteristics that are used to describe Joseph (3 marks)
• Love for his brothers despite their jealousy
- Faith in God when he was in prison
- kindness forgave being sold into slavery
2) In the story of Joseph it states that Joseph had dreams and he was given a coat of many colours from his father Jacob. What impact did all of this have on Joseph’s brothers and what did they do to him? (4 marks) • The brother became very jealous of Joseph
- They took away his coat
- They threw him into a pit
- Reuben persuaded his brothers to sell Joseph into slavery otherwise they would have killed him.
3) Explain how Joseph came to live and work in Egypt and what jobs he held while living there.
- Sold into slavery by his brothers instead.
- Slave trader sold him to Potiphar.
- Farm worker until his talents was noticed.
- Managed Potiphar’s estate until accused of rape.
- Managed the prison until he explained dreams.
- Explained Pharaoh’s dream and promoted to Overseer of Egypt second only to Pharaoh.
(31 List and explain 3 similarities that both Jesus and Joseph have in common. (6 marks) 1.
Both were greater than their brother
People conspired to kill them both
- Both were betrayed for silver coins
- Both were falsely accused
- Both were prisoners
- Both were exulted after suffering
Prepare answers to French writing and speaking End of Year exam.
NB. You received the question sheet in class.
You should also be revising the vocabulary of unit 1 -6 in your textbook.
Prepare answers for speaking and writing assessment.
Marc et Sylvie book: complete p.2-13
Expo 2 textbook: p.94 & 95 (revise vocabulary for end of unit test)
- EXPO 2 rouge complete:
- Ex 3/89;
- EX 1/122,
- Ex 2/122
- ex 1/123
Research about ‘Simple Time’ and ‘Compound Time’.
Quiz will be on the 9th of May about the Simple and Compound Time.
Date Set: 29 / 04 / 2016
Date Due: 05 / 05 / 2016
P/80 : Translate Bruno’s interview into English
Using Bruno’s interview to help you answer the questions about yourself.
Make sure to write out the French question and your French answer.