Write an evaluation about of your 1st chosen coursework project use the sub-headings shown in this template below. (see also alternative resources I have emailed to you which you might find easier)
Project Writing ART
Step 1 – Self Motivation: Present a personal link to the theme and say why the theme is relevant to our lives or my life.
Step 2 – Self Exploration: Research the central concept. (facts about the artists; the setting where the work was made; cultural information; historical and geographical details; the theme or what’s happening; and conflicts or tension of the image we are studying.) What do I need to know (see different writers about Art and artist)
Step 3 – Apply: Practise the information given in Step 2. This is a crucial step; information alone is not enough to help us grow in terms of creative skill. We must show evidence that we can apply our own idea developments all that we have learned in step 2.
Step 4 – Create: Be doers of the word, and not hearers only (James 1:22). Create a personal response to the theme. Show evidence of creative self-expression and exploration. With God’s help, what can I do with what I’ve learnt?
Content, meaning and purpose (Describe (express) our ideas)
- What strong visual links have we made to the project title?
- How did we develop our two ideas (re-arrange using compositional devices?)
- How accurate, relevant or interesting are all of our drawings?
- Did we develop enough of our best three ideas outside of sketchbooks?
- Which idea worked best/not so well…why?
- Think about if we made the right choices, did we make the right choices?
- Did we show strong enough links visually to the artist styles?
Context and Research
- What visual research is there (primary and secondary drawings)
- How well have we annotated our project (written notes using key artistic terms)?
- Whom exactly have we made this piece for?
- Describe the kind of reaction we might hope to achieve from target
Visual language and use of media The mark-making, compositional elements colour pallet may be similar to those of artists we have studied.
- Have we made links and shown media explorations of our own?.
- How well did they work did we enjoy using them?
- How effective visually were they?
Further work What areas will we need to improve on next? If the work is not strong and we recognise this we will not lose marks. How will we further develop our skills?