Stanborough Secondary School is seeking to appoint the following staff:
Librarian/1 Year temporary cover
SALARY: £14,000- £18,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Commencement Date: September 2015
The school is seeking to appoint a creative, energetic and vibrant individual as a temporary librarian for 1 year to cover our librarian who will be working on an internal project for the upcoming academic year. The prospective post holder will be responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and development of the library and promoting programmes and opportunities for pupil development of library skills for reference and study and personal enjoyment. Additionally, please note that the library serves the school well as a learning resource and provide programmes to promote the value of independent learning and research by stocking relevant and appropriate resources that have direct appeal to the pupils.
The following are responsibilities attached to the post:
- To consult with teachers on student reference books.
- To act expeditiously on all staff, student or parental enquiries for study material.
- To keep records of all books and issue reminders and fines expeditiously.
- Has responsibility for securing and sorting books.
- To oversee the financial administration of library.
- To prepare and display new books and DVDs for students on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that the library and study materials are available to students during morning breaks, lunch and after school.
- To supervise students working in the library during lesson times.
The post holder may be required to work outside the usual day-to-day hours and is expected to work flexibly as part of a team of Teaching and Support Staff, commonly bound in the service of the needs of the school and the further development of Stanborough School, as reasonably required under the direction of the Headteacher.
If you think that you have the drive and vision to fulfil the position, have relevant experience and are authorised to work in the UK, please email your CV to Miss V Mabvudzi, the Headteacher’s PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org to request Application and Person Specification Forms and a more detailed job description.
The offer of employment in respect of this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate from the Barring and Disclosure Service (formerly known as CRB).
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 2nd September 2015.
Interviews will be held on Friday 4th September 2015.