- Stanborough School Alumni
- Stanborough School Staff Opening New Building
- Stanborough School Staff and Students Science
- Stanborough School Staff Classroom
Full-Time Live-In Dean
Commencement Date: Immediate start
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Dean in our Boarding School.
- Caring for sick boarders and coping with any emergencies or accidents in the Boarding House.
- The routine organization of all aspects of the physical care of boarders and sharing with the Head of Boarding the duties of the Boarding House.
- Assisting the Head of Boarding and resident staff to plan and carry out a varied programme of activities for boarders after school and at weekends.
- In an emergency, caring for day pupils is required.
- Strongly supporting the Head of Boarding in maintaining a safe, pleasant environment for boarding pupils.
- Maintaining a warm, friendly atmosphere in the Boarding School so that parents, Governors and school visitors feel welcome.
Candidates should be in good health, capable of dealing in a consistent and resilient way with the many challenges presented by living with and caring for young people. The ability to speak fluent English is essential and all candidates should also have had some previous experience of working with young people in the age group of 10-18 years, either in paid employment or in a voluntary capacity. The successful applicant will be expected to drive the school mini-bus and take boarders on outings when necessary therefore a valid UK driving licence will be required.
Applicants must be willing to support the Christian ethos of this Seventh-day Adventist School. Stanborough School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment in respect of this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20 April 2018.
Interviews to be held Wednesday 25th April 2018.
If you think that you have the drive and vision to fulfil the position, have the relevant experience and have authorisation to work in the UK, please email the Headteacher’s PA, firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01923 673268 for Job Specification and Application forms.
Volunteer Assistant Dean Boarding School (3)
Volunteer ICT Assistant (1)
Volunteer Marketing Assistant (1)
The post comes with a monthly stipend of £175.00 or reimbursement of certain expenses and includes all meals and accommodation. All positions begin in August 2018 and are for one year.
Stanborough School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Interested applicants please contact the P.A. to the Head Teacher for more details about the post and the application package.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01923 673268
The closing date is 28 February 2018.
More information can be obtained from the Adventist Volunteers website.